Please note Anyone that paid multiple for community association numbers to register more than one child we will be at the opening registrations on Tuesday October 18th and Thursday October 20th for Power Skating and Sunday October 23rd for Learn to Play Hockey with a list and a refund. Sorry for any inconvenience.
2016-2017 Learn to Play Hockey
Do you have a young one in your family who wants to know how to play ice hockey? On the surface, the game seems fairly straightforward. Skate down the ice, shoot the puck, and score a goal. But there is much more to it than that and if you want to learn to play hockey well, you need to know the full story of how to play ice hockey.
- You must be able to skate to participate, this is not a learn to skate program.
- Fee $250.00
- Register in Person: Saturday Sept 17, 2016 from 1:30 to 2:30 pm At the Doug Wickenheiser
- Registrations can be dropped off and picked up at Northwest Leisure centre West Zone Office
- Accepting Registrations for Ages 4-6 born in 2010-2012
- Registration Form (PDF) We will be accepting Learn To Play Hockey Registrations until November 15, 2016
- 18 sessions (Jersey and socks included)
- Program runs from Sunday October 23rd, 2016 to March 12th, 2017
- Full hockey equipment required
- Coaches are required
For further information you may contact: Susan Smith firstname.lastname@example.org or The West Zone Board: email@example.com or 306-791-0226
2016-2017 Power Skating
Power Skating on line registration begins on Thursday September 15 beginning at 8:00 p.m. This registration will be Paypal/Credit Card only and will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Level 1 - Tuesday 6:00-6:40 (Initiation - 2010 & 2011) $260.00
- Level 1 1/2 - Tuesday 6:40-7:20 (Novice - 2008 & 2009) $260.00
- Level 2 - Tuesday 7:20-8:15 (Atom - 2006 & 2007) $285.00
- Level 1 1/2 - Thursday 6:00-6:40 (Novice - 2008 & 2009) $260.00
- Level 2 - Thursday 6:40-7:40 (Atom - 2006 & 2007) $285.00
- Level 3 - Thursday 7:45-8:45 (Pee Wee - 2004 & 2005) $285.00
For further information you may contact Randy Weir: 306.543.5305
Please register your child in the class you feel is appropriate. The instructor will evaluate all skaters during the first 2 lessons and your child will be put in the proper level. If your child is asked by the instructor to move to another level the move must be made as this is for the child's benefit to be in the proper level. If you are unwilling to move your child your registration will be rejected and your money refunded minus the cancellation fee. No exceptions.
- Fill out one form per skater. Choose ONLY ONE class per skater. If that class is full and there is an opening in the same level on another day you will be contacted.
- Acceptance is by PayPal/Credit Card ONLY on a first come basis.
- Registrations will ONLY be accepted on or after September. 15, 2016 @ 8:00pm. The first 25 skaters for each class will be accepted.
- Once a class is full you can register and your name will go on a waiting list (no payment required). Once a spot becomes available you will be contacted and will have to pay at that time.
- Your Pay Pal reference number will be your confirmation number. No confirmation calls will be made.
- Cancellation fee - $60.00 will be charged if skater drops out during the first 2 classes. No refund after the 2nd class.
- Full hockey/ringette equipment is required. Skaters must be 5 years or older and registered on a hockey/ringette team. These classes are to improve skills not learn to skate.
- All levels have 16 lessons
- All classes are held at the Jack Hamilton Arena
- Tuesday classes start October 18, 2016
- Thursday classes start October 20, 2016
A Letter from a Coach (pdf)
- Tuesday Power Skating beginsOct18
- Thursday Power Skating BeginsOct20
- Learn To Play Hockey beginsOct23
- Softball registration "in person" 2:30-3:30Mar18
- Softball registration "in person" 2:30-3:30Apr15