Though there has been some confusion as to what power skating is. It is not for figure skaters. Power skating was designed to improve and master skating techniques for both hockey and ringette players. It is not a miracle program, like they say what you put in, is what you get out, we cannot expect to take one power skating lesson and then become a superstar, it takes time, practice and dedication to become an excellent skater. Power skating is not only for straight line acceleration, but for all skating skill areas, backward skating, tight glide turns, forward and backward crossovers, are just a few areas we focus on. So the end result of power skating lessons with us means a complete skater in ALL areas.
Todd Liskowich will be handling the Power Skating Program this year. His certification includes: Introduction to Coaching, Development I, Body Checking, NCCP A level, NCCP B level and the CanPower Skating Instructor Certification.
Skaters will use their sticks at every practice.
Power Skating on line registration begins on Saturday September 9 beginning at 10:00 a.m. This registration will be Paypal/Credit Card only and will be on a first come first serve basis.
- Level 1 - Tuesday 6:00-6:40 (Initiation - 2010 & 2011) $280.00
- Level 1 1/2 - Tuesday 6:40-7:20 (Novice - 2008 & 2009) $280.00
- Level 2 - Tuesday 7:20-8:15 (Atom - 2006 & 2007) $300.00
- Level 1 1/2 - Thursday 6:00-6:40 (Novice - 2008 & 2009) $280.00
- Level 2 - Thursday 6:40-7:40 (Atom - 2006 & 2007) $300.00
- Level 3 - Thursday 7:45-8:45 (Pee Wee - 2004 & 2005) $300.00
Please register your child in the class you feel is appropriate. The instructor will evaluate all skaters during the first 2 lessons and your child will be put in the proper level. If your child is asked by the instructor to move to another level the move must be made as this is for the child's benefit to be in the proper level. If you are unwilling to move your child your registration will be rejected and your money refunded minus the cancellation fee. No exceptions.
- Fill out one form per skater. Choose ONLY ONE class per skater. If that class is full and there is an opening in the same level on another day you will be contacted.
- Acceptance is by PayPal/Credit Card ONLY on a first come basis.
- Registrations will ONLY be accepted on or after Saturday September 9, 2017 @ 10:00am. The first 25 skaters for each class will be accepted.
- Once a class is full you can register and your name will go on a waiting list (no payment required). Once a spot becomes available you will be contacted and will have to pay at that time.
- Your Pay Pal reference number will be your confirmation number. No confirmation calls will be made.
- Cancellation fee - $60.00 will be charged if skater drops out during the first 2 classes. No refund after the 2nd class.
- Full hockey/ringette equipment is required. Skaters must be 5 years or older and registered on a hockey/ringette team. These classes are to improve skills not learn to skate.
- All levels have 16 lessons
- All classes are held at the Jack Hamilton Arena
- Tuesday classes start October 17, 2017
- Thursday classes start October 19, 2017
- Learn To Play Hockey starts at the Jack HamiltonOct22
- Learn To Play Hockey at the KinsmenOct29
- Learn To Play HockeyNov5
- Learn To Play HockeyNov19
- Learn To Play HockeyNov26